I am going to be real lazy and assume that you know how amazing Gelatin is for you. To summarise crudely it is fabulous for Skin, Hair, Nails, Joints, Gut Healing and so much more. One of the best places to get Gelatin from is a Bone Broth, but if you fancy combining something super healthy with a treat then these Gelatin Sweets are absolutely perfect and so so tasty.
A little like the good old Gummy Bear days ….. but with a super health kick.
I admit that I was pleasantly surprised at how easy these beauties were to make. Simple is my only name at the moment after all 😉
This is what you need:
- 4 Tablespoons Grassfed Beef Gelatin – I use the Great Lakes Brand and you need the Red can for this recipe. Buy Here.
- 2 Cups Water
- Juice of 2 Lemons ( or 1 Lemon and 5 drops pure food grade Lemon Essential Oil)
- 1 Tablespoon Lemon Zest
- 1 Tablespoon Vit C Powder (optional – for a cold/flu fix)
- 1 Tablespoon Raw Honey (double if required by taste)
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Essence
- Pinch Sea Salt
What I did:
- On a very low heat mix the Gelatin and Water until warm.
- It can tend to get a bit lumpy so to save any problems I poured the liquid into a blender and whizzed up before returning to the heat. It should be nice and smooth now but quite foamy.
- Stir over the heat for a few more minutes and then remove. The foam should quickly become a clear liquid texture off the heat.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients.
- Taste test and add more Honey or Lemon if desired.
- Pour the liquid into moulds or a tin and put in the freezer to set.
- Remove and store in the fridge and enjoy.
So easy. So Nutritious. Flu Busting ingredients. Gut Healing Properties. Beauty Benefits. Such Fun
As always I’d love to hear what you think? And if you would like a FREE copy of my Gluten + Dairy + Sugar Free Dessert/Snack Recipe Book click here.